Veggies… they an important part of good nutrition… but not all of us our huge fans… This soup however will change your mind on the subject… I promise!
Set your crockpot for 8 hours… when you’ve got thirty minutes left, add a cup of bowtie noodles… and stir up some cornbread…
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup prepared pasta sauce (we used Sundried Tomato Pasta Sauce)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 zucchini, washed well and sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 yellow summer squash, washed well and sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup dry white Cannellini beans (this doesn’t sound like a lot, but they swell!)
- 1/2 cup pasta (to add 20 minutes before serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with Parmesan and Romano cheeses
- Wash squashes well, and slice in rounds. Place into slow cooker, with diced onion and tomato wedges. Rinse your beans in hot water, and add to crockpot. Add broth, pasta sauce, and water. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until beans are tender. 20 minutes before serving, stir in pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.