When you have 25-30 minutes left, it’s time to start the Roasted Garlic.
Add Roasted Garlic to crockpot and emulsify.
Tuscan White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup (Crock Pot Recipe)
- 1 lb dry Cannellini beans, rinsed (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 7cups hot water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil *
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans, 3 cloves of the garlic, water and bay leaves in the crock pot; cover and set to low 8 hours or high 4 hours, or until beans are soft.
- In the last hour, preheat the oven to 400°. Place remaining peeled garlic cloves in the center of a square of aluminum foil . Cover garlic with olive oil and a little salt. Seal aluminum tightly and place in the oven 25-30 minutes, until garlic is soft and golden. Remove from oven and set aside until the beans are done.
- When the beans are soft, then carefully add the roasted garlic and use a immersion blender,blend until smooth while adding* 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Taste for salt and adjust as needed
- Top with fresh italian parsley or rosemary , finely chopped.
Makes about 7 3/4 cups.