So I’m not sure just when I first tried hummus… but it has been quite an experience. I love the hummus at Zoe’s Kitchen, it’s AMAZING, and I had Black Bean Hummus when I attended a friends wedding which was also AMAZING. So I decided why not try out making some myself.
Let me let you in on a little secret. Tahini will take you forever to mix up as it’s a mixture of oil on top and sesame seed paste. Think peanut butter here.
Hummus with Lemon and Italian Parsley
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3-4 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp water (more if needed)
- Juice from half a large lemon
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. coriander (more of desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
In food processor, add all the ingredients except for EVOO. Add chickpeas a little at a time mixing with olive oil. Continue mixing until hummus is smooth.