So far we’ve made dill pizzas… but soon we will make a lot more recipes using our bountiful amounts of dill.
Check out these cool facts about dill:
- It’s an annual plant, native to southern Russia and the Mediterranean.
- Fresh leaves and seeds are the parts of the plant used in cooking.
- Freezing preserves the flavor of your dill more than simply drying it. You can freeze the stems intact and cut off what you need when preparing your dish.
- Always add dill at the end of cooking otherwise it will lose much of their flavor.
- Dill is most often used in fish and seafood dishes.
- Combines well with basil, capers, garlic, mustard and parsley.