… let’s talk about movies… You would be surprised how many movies out there that revolve around food… and the more of a foodie you are, the more you’re going to want to reach through that screen and take a bite of whatever they’re eating…
So here are a few of the movies I’ve picked to give a foodie shout out to!
1. No Reservations, is a story about a chef, who is thrown into motherhood when her sister suddenly passes away. Kate (Catherine Zeta-Jones) has a busy life at thriving urban restaurant, and pretty much thinks about food 24/7… but when her sister dies, she takes in her niece, Zoe (Abigail Breslin.) Without a clue of how to reach out to the little girl, she decides to take her to work one evening (enter Aaron Eckhart, aka Nick who has been taking over Kate’s place in the kitchen while she’s been off.) At first Kate’s rather prickly demeanor gets in the way, but finally through Zoe’s budding friendship with Kate’s ‘rival’ chef, a romance begins…
2. Chocolat – This is a story set around a young mother, who travels wherever the winds of change may take her. Juliette Binoche plays Vianne Rocher and Johnny Depp plays Roux, a gypsy who teaches her that despite the locals opinion of outsiders and ideals different than their own she can make a life for herself. Vianne soon learns she can overcome her past and opens her heart to love.
3. Ratatouille – is an endearing tale about a mouse who dreams of becoming a chef, and a young kitchen boy who couldn’t boil a pot of water without inviting disaster!
4. Julie & Julia – this movie goes between the stories of the great Julia Child and young blogger Julie Powell who is determined to cook her way through Joy of Cooking. Julia is played by Meryl Streep (to perfection!) and Julie Powell is played by Amy Adams.
5. My Best Friends Wedding – I know what you’re thinking… this movie isn’t about food… but Julia Roberts character is showing of her food critic skills in the beginning scene of this film… Just go watch it, I dare ya!
Know any good foodie films that I’ve failed to mention, and belong on the list? Well just put a comment below, and perhaps you’ll see something on the next edition of ‘The Foodie Says…’