Potato + Leek Soup (via Food.com)
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 2 medium leeks, rinsed and chopped ( white and light green parts)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes and leeks in slow cooker. Sprinkle flour over and toss until well-coated. Add the chicken stock and stir, then add the dill and the chopped bacon. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup until creamy (you can puree the whole pot or just some of it if you prefer a chunkier soup). Add salt and pepper to taste (I find a teaspoon or two of salt really helps boost the flavor).
- Stir in half and half and cheese (if using), then cover and heat an additional 15 minutes.