I’m really beginning to like this whole before dinner drinks thing. It adds a little extra something to the whole dinner prep process, and is the perfect thing after a long day.
So to make these pink beauties, you’ll need to make some Rhubarb Simple Syrup.
Note: This is my first time trying rhubarb and I think it tastes pretty good in this drink.
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 2 stalks of rhubarb (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup fructose (or sugar if you prefer)
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain through mesh strainer to remove pulp.
- Return to pan and continue to reduce
- Boil for 8 minutes, or until the syrup is reduced and has thickened.
- 2 ounces Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 4 ounces Club Soda
- 1 slice lime
- Sprig of Rosemary for Garnish
- Add ice to your glass.
- Pour 2 ounces of Rhubarb Simple Syrup & 4 ounces of Club Soda
- Add slice of fresh lime and spring of rosemary for garnish