Can you believe that June is almost over? Neither can I… so I thought I’d share a few more Ice Tea recipes before the month is over.
The tea is yet another recipe from an amazing little cook book ‘Southern Living Farmers Market Cookbook’ that my mum purchased about a month or so ago. We’ve tried several recipes since, an I have to say this book, and this recipe is a winner. (Full review coming soon!)
Blackberry Ice Tea (via Southern Living Farmer’s Market Cookbook)
- 3 cups frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar (or fructose)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sweet mint
- Pinch of baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 1/2 cups cold water or sparkling water
- Fresh blackberries for garnish
- Combine 3 cups blackberries and sugar in large container. Crush blackberries with wooden spoon. Add chopped mint and baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and let stand 3 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour tea over blackberry mixture let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pour tea through a wire mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Add 2 1/2 cups cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish if desired.