Hummus… I can’t get enough of the stuff and now that we have located our food processor, I think we’re going to have a lot of it this summer.
The ingredients for hummus are pretty basic…
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Paprika (or cardamom)
This time however, we’ve made a few changes. First, we used both regular olive oil and Meyer lemon (and skipped the lemon juice.) Second, instead of using minced garlic, we used caramelized garlic that I’ve mentioned in ‘Stories Behind the Product.’ Third, we subbed the chickpeas with cannellini beans (amazing!)
Hummus with Caramelized Garlic
- 3 cups cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2-3 tbsp. caramelized garlic
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Meyer lemon olive oil
Directions: (In a food processor)
- Add Cannellini beans, tahini, garlic and pulse.
- Add Olive Oils, continue to pulse, scrapping sides as needed.
- When smooth, put in a bowl and refrigerate until serving.
Trust me, this is a recipe that you will want to make over and over again.