This is an amazing little ‘salad’ that we made for the first time a few weeks ago. It was absolutely delicious, and our first time ever making and tasting Israeli couscous (aka) Pearl couscous.
So let’s check out some of the ingredients first…
Summer ‘couscous’ Salad
- 1 cup Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 shallot
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Cook couscous according to directions on box, using pearl couscous and 1 1/4 cup chicken stock.
- Cut up avocado, add in lime juice and salt… place in refridgerator.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together (couscous, black beans, black eyed peas, cherry tomatoes, shallot.)
- Add avocado mixture, and parsley. Serve.