We tried out another of the recipes from Southern Living Farmers Market Cookbook awhile back… and here’s an inside look at our little culinary experience.
But first things first. Let’s talk about the word zucchini. I always think it should one less c, and one more n… I dunno… it just bugs me. Are the certain spellings that get on your nerves?
Now, getting back on topic…
Mix up the basil, mayo mixture. (Next time we are considering either using less mayo or none at all… seriously I do not like mayo like that.
Bake as directed.
Let cool for 3-5 minutes… and then serve.
Tomato- Zucchini Tart (via Southern Living Farmers Market Cookbook)
- 1/2 package of refrigerated pie crusts (we used Jiffy pie crusts instead)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Fit pie crust into a 9- inch tart pan according to package directions; trim excess. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Bake piecrust at 450 for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees. Saute zucchini in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tender. Arrange zucchini in bottom of prepared piecrust. Arrange tomatoes on top of zucchini.
- Stir together basil, cheese, and mayo. Drop by teaspoonfuls evenly on top of tomatoes, and spread gently. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese mixture is slightly melted.