- If the ends of your garlic are dark, then it’s not fresh.
- Mincing your garlic will give you a more potent flavor.
- If your garlic has sprouted, it’s still good, but has lost some of it’s flavor. (according to research, I on the other hand enjoy it.)
- It’s a member of the onion family along with leeks and shallots. (another two of my favorites!)
- Most of the garlic grown in the US is from California.
- Never burn your garlic or it will taste bitter.
Have some interesting garlic facts of your own? Feel free to comment!