As those of you who read my blog theavidpen know, I went to Fearrington Inn located in Pittsboro (just outside of Raleigh, North Carolina) for a little mini break last weekend. Since it’s going to take me a little bit to get the posts on the trip up on the blog… I decided to give a little preview of the food we enjoyed.
Everyday from 4-5pm, guests at the Fearrington can enjoy afternoon tea at the restaurant. Since I have to be dairy free, they made some special things for me.
- Almond Cake with Strawberries (for me…)
- English Breakfast and a delicious pastry (for mum…)
- Speciality appetizers (for me…)
- Little roll sandwiches (for mum…)
Breakfast is also included in the stay… and I already knew what I was going to enjoy from the first time we went back in 2013.
- Starting off with mini bran muffin. (Oh, so.. delicious…)
- Crab & Goat Cheese Frittata with leeks and mushrooms (ran into a little dairy issue with this one, but remembered to mention it the following morning…)
- Eggs Benedict (for mum)
- Almond Cakes (from my afternoon tea that day)
We always order room service at least one evening, if not every one when we go on our mini breaks, so on the second night we ordered something I tried the first time around. Yummy!
Stay tuned to my other blog (theavidpen) for more about our trip.