So September is National Honey Month and whether you enjoy putting this amazing natural sweetener in your cup of morning tea or on a slice of toast like I do, I thought I’d share some interesting honey & honey bee facts.
- Honey is made up of 80% sugar and 20% water, and if kept in the right conditions it doesn’t spoil.
- Honey is the only food source created by insects that humans can actually eat.
- It’s a natural cough suppressant.
- Honey bee’s never sleep.
- An average honey bee only makes 1/2 teaspoon of honey in it’s lifetime.
- A honey bee visits 50-100 flowers in one trip to collect the nectar needed to create honey.