Want a light and easy meal for dinner? Well, this dish is just what you’re look for. Here is what you’ll need.
- Basil Pesto (see recipe below)
- 1/2 package dry pasta (or fresh)
- 1 package grilled chicken
If you don’t want your pesto to ‘turn’ put on your water to boil and get your pasta cooking, before starting the pesto.
Basil Pesto Recipe (Food Network)
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup EVOO, divided
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until crossly chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.
- In freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.
Note: If you are lactose intolerant and other members of your family still want to have cheese, simply have them add it to their own!
Now… just toss your pesto, pasta and grilled chicken together and you’re all set!